Sergey Buterin was born on 18 November 1977 in Saratov, Russia. In 2000 he received his University Diploma in Mathematics from Saratov State University (Department of Mathematics). In 2004 he received the degree of Kandidat of Sciences in Mathematics and Physics (corresponds to Ph.D. degree) from the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation. From 2003 till 2005 he has been occupying the position of Leading Mathematician of the Chair of Mathematical Physics and Numerical Analysis in Saratov State University. From 2005 till present he is Associate Professor of the Chair of Mathematical Physics and Numerical Analysis in Saratov State University.
Research interests of Sergey Buterin are connected with spectral theory, theory of differential equations, inverse problems, etc. He has published more than 100 research articles and received several research grants of Russian and foreign scientific foundations, among which there are: DAAD, Grants of the President of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, Qatar Research Fund, Russian Foundation for Basic Research, etc.
Many times Sergey Buterin has been invited as a guest professor in many universities all over the word. For making a joint research with foreign colleagues he often visited universities of Germany, Taiwan, China, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Australia, Mexico and other countries.
Sergey Buterin is a reviewer for Mathematical Reviews and Zentralblatt MATH.
1. Buterin S.A. The inverse problem of recovering the Volterra convolution operator from the incomplete spectrum of its rank-one perturbation, Inverse Problems 22 (2006) 2223–2236.
2. Buterin S.A. Inverse spectral reconstruction problem for the convolution operator perturbed by a one-dimensional operator, Math. Notes 80 (2006) no.5, 631–644.
3. Buterin S.A. Inverse spectral problem of recovering one-dimensional perturbation of an integral Volterra operator. Izv. Saratov Univ. (N. S.), Ser. Math. Mech. Inform. 6 (2006) no. 1/2, 3–11. (in Russian)
4. Buterin S.A. Inverse spectral problem for pencils of differential operators on a finite interval, Vestnik of Bashkir Univ., 2006, no.4, 8–12. (with Yurko V.A.)
5. Buterin S.A. On inverse spectral problem for non-selfadjoint Sturm–Liouville operator on a finite interval, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 335 (2007) no.1, 739–749.
6. Buterin S.A. On an inverse spectral problem for a convolution integro-differential operator, Res. Math. 50 (2007) no.3/4, 173–181.
7. Buterin S.A. Inverse nodal problem for differential pencils, Appl. Math. Lett. 22 (2009) 1240–1247. (with Shieh C.-T.)
8. Buterin S.A. Sampling and Birkhoff regular problems, J. Australian Math. Soc. 87 (2009) 289–310. (with M. Annaby and G. Freiling)
9. Buterin S.A. On the reconstruction of a convolution perturbation of the Sturm–Liouville operator from the spectrum, Diff. Eqns. 46 (2010) no.1, 150–154.
10. Buterin S.A. On half inverse problem for differential pencils with the spectral parameter in boundary conditions, Tamkang J. Math. 42 (2011) no.3, 355–364.
11. Buterin S.A. Inverse problems for second-order differential pencils with Dirichlet boundary conditions, J. Inv. Ill-Posed Probl. 20 (2012) 855–881. (with V.A. Yurko)
12. Buterin S.A. Incomplete inverse spectral and nodal problems for differential pencils, Results Math. 62 (2012) no.1/2, 167–179. (with C.-T. Shieh)
13. Buterin S.A. Inverse spectral-scattering problem for the Sturm–Liouville operator on a noncompact star-type graph, Tamkang J. Math. 44 (2013) no.3, 327–349. (with G. Freiling)
14. Buterin S.A. Inverse spectral problems for non-selfadjoint second-order differential operators with Dirichlet boundary conditions, Boundary Value Probl. 2013, 2013:180, 24pp. (with C.-T. Shieh and V.A. Yurko)
15. Buterin S.A. On an open question in the inverse transmission eigenvalue problem, Inverse Problems 31 (2015) 045003. (with C.-F. Yang and V.A. Yurko)
16. Buterin S.A. On inverse problem for a convolution integro-differential operator with Robin boundary conditions, Appl. Math. Lett. 48 (2015) 150–155. (with A.E. Choque Rivero)
17. Buterin S.A. Uniqueness of the interior transmission problem with partial information on the potential and eigenvalues, J. Diff. Eqns. 260 (2016) 4871–4887. (with C.-F. Yang)
18. Buterin S.A. Inverse spectral problems of transmission eigenvalue problem for anisotropic media with spherical symmetry assumptions, J. Inv. and Ill-Posed Probl. 25 (2017) no.2, 175–183. (with X.-C. Xu and C.F. Yang)
19. Buterin S.A. A half inverse spectral problem for an integro-differential operator, Inverse Problems in Science and Engineering 25 (2017) no.10, 1508–1518. (with M. Sat)
20. Buterin S.A. On an inverse transmission problem from complex eigenvalues, Results in Mathematics 71 (2017) 859–866. (with C.-F. Yang)
21. Buterin S.A. Sturm–Liouville differential operators with deviating argument, Tamkang Journal of Mathematics 48 (2017), no.1, 61–71. (with M. Pikula and V.A. Yurko)
22. Buterin S.A. Solution to the interior transmission problem using nodes on a subinterval as input data, Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications 35 (2017) 20–29. (with C.-F. Yang and X.-C. Xu)
23. Buterin S.A. On recovering the Dirac operator with an integral delay from the spectrum, Results in Mathematics 71 (2017) 1521–1529. (with N.P. Bondarenko)
24. Buterin S.A. On a local solvability and stability of the inverse transmission eigenvalue problem, Inverse Problems 33 (2017) no.11, 115010 (19pp) (with N.P. Bondarenko)
25. Buterin S.A. On an inverse spectral problem for first-order integro-differential operators with discontinuities, Appl. Math. Lett. 78 (2018) 65–71.
26. Buterin S.A. On uniqueness of recovering the convolution integro-differential operator from the spectrum of its non-smooth one-dimensional perturbation, Boundary Value Problems (2018) 2018:55, 1–12. (with S.V. Vasiliev)
27. Buterin S. On global solvability and uniform stability of one nonlinear integral
equation, Results Math. (2018) 73:117, 1–19. (with M. Malyugina)
28. Buterin S.A. Inverse spectral problem for Sturm–Liouville integro-differential operators with discontinuity conditions, Contemporary Mathematics. Fundamental Directions 64 (2018) no.3, 427–458; Engl. transl. in J. Math. Sci. (to appear)
29. Buterin S.A. An inverse spectral problem for Sturm–Liouville operators with frozen argument, J. Math. Anal. Appl. 472 (2019) 1028–1041. (with N.P. Bondarenko and S.V. Vasiliev)
30. Buterin S.A. An inverse spectral problem for Sturm-Liouville operators with a large constant delay, Anal. Math. Phys. 9 (2019) no.1, 17–27. (with V.A. Yurko)
31. Buterin S.A. Inverse problems for second order integral and integro-differential operators, Anal. Math. Phys. 9 (2019) no.1, 555–564. (with V.A. Yurko)
32. Buterin S.A. On recovering a Sturm–Liouville-type operator with the frozen argument rationally proportioned to the interval length, J. Inv. Ill-Posed Probl. 27 (2019) no.3, 429–438. (with S.V. Vasiliev)
33. Buterin S.A. On Borg’s method for non-selfadjoint Sturm–Liouville operators, Analysis and Mathematical Physics 9 (2019) 2133–2150. (with M.A.Kuznetsova)
34. Buterin S.A. On solvability of one nonlinear integral equation in the class of analytic functions, Applied Mathematics Letters 96 (2019) 27–32. (with P.A. Terekhin)
35. Buterin S.A. An inverse spectral problem for Sturm–Liouville-type integro-differential operators with Robin boundary conditions, Tamkang J. Math. 50
(2019) no.3, 207–221.
36. Buterin S.A. Estimates of complex eigenvalues and an inverse spectral problem for the transmission eigenvalue problem Electron. J. Qual. Theory Differ. Equ. (2019) no.38, 1–15. (with X.-C. Xu, C.-F. Yang and V.A. Yurko)
37. Buterin S.A. Isospectral sets for transmission eigenvalue problem, J. Inverse and
Ill-Posed Problems 28 (2020) no.1, 63–69. (with C.F. Yang)
38. Buterin S. An inverse spectral problem for integro-differential Dirac operators with general convolution kernels, Applicable Analysis 99 (2020) no.4, 700–716. (with N. Bondarenko)
39. Buterin S. On the inverse problem for Sturm–Liouville-type operators with frozen argument: rational case, Comp. Appl. Math. (2020) 39:5 (15pp.) (with M. Kuznetsova)
40. Buterin S. On a transformation operator approach in the inverse spectral theory of integral and integro-differential operators, Transmutation Operators and Applications, Trends in Mathematics, Birkhäuser, Cham, 2020. P.337–367.
41. Buterin S. Numerical solution and stability of the inverse spectral problem for a convolution integro-differential operator, Commun. Nonlinear Sci. Numer. Simulat. 89 (2020) 105298, 11pp. (with N. Bondarenko)
42. Buterin S.A. On a regularization approach to the inverse transmission eigenvalue problem, Inverse Problems 36 (2020) 105002, 20pp. (with A.E. Choque-Rivero and M.A. Kuznetsova)
43. Buterin S. Uniform stability of the inverse spectral problem for a convolution integro-differential operator, Applied Mathematics and Computation 390 (2021) 125592, 11pp.
44. Buterin S.A. On an open question in recovering Sturm–Liouville-type operators with delay, Applied Mathematics Letters 113 (2021) 106862, 6pp. (with N. Djurić)
- Inverse Problem Method in Nonlinear Waves Theory. 2013. (with Ignatiev, M.Yu., Kabanov, S.N., Kuryshova, Yu.V., Lukomsky, D.S.)
- DAAD Grant, 2005-2006
- RF President Grant for State Support of Young Russian Scientists, 2007-2008
- Joined Grant of RF Ministry of Education and Science and DAAD “Mikhail Lomonosov”, 2011-2012
PROFILES OF THE PERSON IN THE MAIN REFERATIVE DATABASES
Russian Science Citation Index: